Tinariffic

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday Cardio & Yoga

Today I did Richard Simmons Blast Off (20 min) then I did Yoga Zone's Introduction to Yoga but I fast forwarded during the long explanations because I know how to do the poses well now. This was the first yoga tape I bought, I am much more flexible now. My lower back has been sore, I guess my muscles are tight (hamstings especially) from all the cardio and I need to stretch more. That's why I started doing Yoga 2 years ago, to keep my back healthy. It seems like when it gets colder this time of year my back gets tight and sore. The yoga should help.

I got Yoga Zone Flexibility and Tone from the library today, that's a harder tape, or it was the last time I tried it. I also checked out Buns of Steel Yoga, according to the reviews on Amazon it's supposed to be really good. I also borrowed In Shape with Racheal McLish.

And I bought my own copy of Denise Austin's Totally Firm. It's my favorite strength training video, lots of exercises at a good pace and she is very encouraging. I have Kathy Smith's Lift Weights to Loose Weight but she's a real slave driver in it and her screaming and wolf howls are annoying. I also have Lifting Weights for Dummies but of course since it's for beginner's it's slow.

Mom got a ton of Concord grapes at the fruitstand today so she's going to make grape jelly. It should be really good, not to sweet like what they have at the grocery store. It's probably been 25 years since she made any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home